Order of the Carp
Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir
Version: 12th Night, LII (2018)
The Crown may wish to invite the member of the Order of the Carp to come forward.
If so, the herald shall call forth the members.
And when they have assembled the herald shall read:
- During the reign of King Dak,
- Her Majesty Nu Huang Lao resolved to honor those
- who had striven for excellence in persona development, persevering in their task.
- In China the CARP is symbolic of perseverance.
- Thus, Queen Lao chose the carp to mark those
- whose accomplishments in this endeavor were worthy of notice and praise.
- She decreed that, in the manner of her homeland,
- members of the Order may wear an embroidered patch as token of Her esteem;
- and the emblem is: Gules a carp haurient embowed Or.
- Their Majesties are minded to admit a new member to the Order of the Carp this day.
- , the Crown invites your presence.
When the candidate kneels, the Crown shall say:
- We are minded to admit you to the Order of the Carp.
- Will you accept membership in the Order
- and with it the responsibility of continuing the development of your own persona,
- and offering assistance to those who would do the same?
- I will.
Giving the token of the Order, the Crown says:
- Then please accept from Our hands this token of the Order.
- Let the word go forth, from this moment
- is a member of the Order of the Carp of the Kingdom of An Tir.
And the herald will exhort the cheers of the people.
- This award involves membership in an Order, and so should not be given in the absence of the inductee.
- Be sure that there is a token available. Lao has agreed to provide these, so obtain them from her.