Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir Version: (2022)
This ceremony is intended for use where the outgoing Crown is already of ducal rank, but not already a member of the Order of the Rose. This may arise if the outgoing Crown has only served as Sovereign.
The Ducal Retinue shall arrange themselves as follows:
DUCAL HERALD BANNER BEARER SCROLL BEARER OUTGOING Crown
The scrollmay be carried upon pillows, if desired. This party may be followed by a group of supporters.
At the Crown's command, the party may enter court, and approach the Throne and bow:
As the Duke/Duchess kneels:
They shall arrange themselves to either side of the duke/duchess.
The Crown, handing the duke/duchess two roses, says:
Crown: Let the Scroll be read.
Presenting the Scroll to the Crown's Herald, the bearer resumes their place.
If Letters Patent are also granted (typical), continue:
If the new Rose doesn't have registered arms, the herald shall substitute:
"We do affirm their right to bear by Letters Patent, such suitable and unique Arms as, by consulting with Us and Our heralds, they shall choose, and to bear above..."
They shall be given leave to depart and the herald will exhort the cheers of the populace.
- Mail copies of the ceremony to the Crown and Heirs along with the coronation ceremony.
- Learn which title will be used.
- Remind the Heirs to bring two roses.
- Be sure that the Ducal retinue will be ready to go at the start of the First Court.
- Have a blazon of the new Rose's arms, for the Scroll.
- If the text of the actual writ is different from that given in the ceremony above, use the text of the actual writ.