Creation of a Master at Arms
Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir
At the SOVEREIGN's command, the herald shall call forward the Order of Chivalry:
- Let the Knights and Masters-at-arms now come before Their Majesties.
After they have gathered, the herald shall call forward the candidate, who will kneel before the Crown.
- , well-pleased with your prowess upon the field,
- and right mindful of the desires of your peers,
- We are minded to create you a Master-at-Arms.
- Will you accept this honor from Us?
- Yes, Your Majesty.
- Are you bound in fealty to another?
If so, call the other person forward and have them release the candidate.
- Will you uphold the rights and responsibilities attendant upon the title of Master-at-Arms?
- I will.
- Do you, , confirm your intent to continue to conduct yourself as you most surely have until now,
- as an exemplar of chivalry and honor,
- both on and off the field of combat,
- to increase your labors to the benefit of the realm,
- and to seek to disseminate your skills and talents
- throughout the Kingdoms of the Knowne World,
- training others in the ways of Chivalry,
- as far as is in your powers?
- I will.
- By what name do you wish to be made a Master-at-Arms?
The candidate will give his answer.
- Bring forth the Baldric.
If there is history attached to the Baldric, it may be shared at this time.
The inspiration of the new Master may be called forward at this time and assist the Crown in fastening the Baldric.
And the Crown shall fasten the white Master's Baldric across his right shoulder.
- Henceforth be known as , Master-at-Arms.
- Go now to your peers.
As the Chivalry greets their peer, the herald will exhort the cheers of the populace.
- Find out if this will be a knighting or mastering.
- Is the candidate squired or fostered to a knight or master? Who?
- Are they a sergeant? To which Baron/ess? Are they here or their representative?
- Are they sworn in fealty to any one else? Are they here?
Download as Word Doc