Ordo Hastae Leonis
Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir
An Tir's great army is known and feared throughout the Known World,
- and the ferocity and skill of our warriors is fabled among the Laurel Kingdoms.
- Extraordinary leadership upon the warfield
- has made our strength into a force to be reckoned with.
- Such valiant and gifted leadership has gained us the respect of all,
- and made us coveted as allies in the Great Wars.
- Gathered here before you are those gifted leaders
- to whom the Crown of An Tir has granted the rank of Hastae Leonis,
- the Spears of the Lion.
- Today, the Sable Lion of An Tir sees fit to honor another
- whose excellence and chivalry in the pursuit and practice of the art of war
- has been proven upon the battlefield.
- There is another warrior I wish to add today.
Here the Crown shall speak of the accomplishments of the new member without mentioning the name of the Candidate.
- Herald, call forth the Candidate.
- , the Crown requires your presence here.
When the candidate has knelt before the throne:
- , your skills upon the war field
- have made you a battle leader to be reckoned with in An Tir and beyond.
- It is Our wish that you be entered into the rolls of the Ordo Hastae Leonis.
- Will you accept this honor from our hands?
Upon an affirmative answer, the Herald shall read the scroll, or the following proclamation:
- Sound the battle-horns, and let Our Words resound through all the Laurel Kingdoms.
- We, and , who sit the Sable Lion Thrones,
- have upon this day of , Anno Societatis ,
- commanded the name of to be enrolled among the great war leaders of Our Realm.
- We do also Grant him Arms [blazon]
- and all other Rights and Responsibilities of this rank.
- Crown 1
- So say we, [Sovereign] of An Tir.
- Crown 2
- And so say we, , [Sovereign] of An Tir.
The herald shall exhort cheers for the new member. Remember this Order carries a Grant of Arms.
- Find out whether there is a token.
- Get a blazon of the recipient's arms, if any.
- Grants are not usually given in the absence of the recipient.
- Be sure you can read the scroll. If you can't, get the text written out for you.
Download as Word Doc