Order of the Goutte de Sang
Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir
Version: 12th Night, LIII (2019)
At the Crown's command the herald will call forward the candidate:
- , come before Their Majesties.
The candidate kneeling, Their Majesties may wish to inform the court of the accomplishments which have occasioned the award.
The herald shall read the scroll text or the following:
- Let it be proclaimed to all the Knowne World,
- that We, , SOVEREIGN by right of arms,
- and , by inspiration and grace CONSORT,
- well-pleased with the efforts and service
- of Our subject ,
- do here admit them into the Right Honorable Order of the Goutte de Sang,
- and also give unto their the right to wear upon their person the Symbol of the Order.
- Further We do Grant unto them the right to display arms and a crest,
- and also to show a ribbon and pendant therefrom the badge of this Order.
The herald will then ask:
- Are you willing to accept membership in this Order?
- I am.
- Henceforth let be known
- as a member of the Right Noble Order of the Goutte de Sang,
- with all the rights and responsibilities granted
- by the SOVEREIGN and CONSORT of An Tir.
While Their Majesties congratulate the recipient the herald shall exhort the cheers of the people.
- This award involves membership in the Order, and isn't usually given in the absence of the recipient, but the Crown may want to delegate some Noble to award the honor.
- Make sure that there is a medallion of the Order on hand.
- Be sure you can read the scroll. If you can't, get the text written out for you.