Ceremonial of the Kingdom of An Tir Version: September Crown LIII (2018)
The Investiture shall take place as soon as convenient, after the conclusion of the Crown List. It is desirable that there be a short space for the combatants to rest and the victor and their consort to prepare for the Investiture, but the Crown may command immediate Investiture.
Heralds shall be sent throughout the encampment to summon the people to bear witness to the ceremony.
When the people have assembled, at the Crown's command, the herald shall proclaim:
The victor and consort shall kneel. The Crown shall lay across Their palms the Sword of State. And the victor and consort will lay their hands atop the Sword, on the hands of the King and Queen, and the herald or Crown will lead them, phrase by phrase, in this Oath:
So say we , SOVEREIGN of An Tir
Here shall Their Majesties place the coronets upon the heads of the Heirs.
The Crown shall give the Great Books of An Tir to the Heirs.
One of the Champions shall bring forth the HEIR'S hammer or other item of rank.
The herald will exhort the cheers of the people for the new Heirs.
The herald shall call forth the other finalist and inspiration.
And when they have knelt, the CONSORT shall present the finalist with the token of the Silver Rose, saying:
And to the inspiration of the finalist:
The herald will exhort the cheers of the populace for the recipients as they take their leave.
Court may proceed here, or the populace may be given leave to depart, as Their Majesties command.
If the court is over, the herald will urge the cheers of the people in the usual order: Crown, Heirs, and the Kingdom.
- Before the event contact The Crown regarding tokens for the Heirs, and the finalist and their consort.
- Before the event contact THE COURT COORDINATOR about the regalia for the Heirs (the coronets, hammer, Silver Rose, Silver Lily, and the Great Books), and the extra thrones.
- Confirm the presence of the props and regalia.
- Check the pronunciation of the names of the Heirs, as well as the other finalist and their inspiration. Be certain to get their current titles as well.
- The Heirs are called forward by their current titles and rank.