Forgot your password?
An Tir IL dated 2010-02-09 (Jump to Submissions)
Unto Gwenlian Black Lion, Elizabeth Lions Blood, and the esteemed members of the An Tir College of Heralds to whom this missive comes, Lí Ban ingen Echtigeirn, Boar, sends greetings and felicitations.
COMMENTARY ON THIS LETTER IS DUE ON THE 10TH OF MARCH, 2010.
FROM LIONS BLOOD
Greetings unto the College of Heralds from Elizabeth Lions Blood!
Thank you to every herald who has taken the time to comment on the Internal Letter. I cannot begin to tell you how important this feedback is, especially when I need to cancel a meeting due to the plague. Remember that there is no meeting this month because of the small letter size, but we will resume meetings in March.
We will be having a herald's gathering at Summits March Coronet, scheduled to be held March 19-21 at Lynx Hollow Park, Creswell, OR, within the Barony of Adiantum. There will also be a field heraldry class offered there if you prefer that better than submissions.
Again, if you would like to host a meeting in your branch, please let me know! I am willing to travel when I'm not going to get anyone else sick. It is quite nice to be on the upswing with my health, and good wishes of health to all of you!
For Crown, Coronet and College,
Elizabeth Turner de Carlisle
Lions Blood Herald
LIONS BLOOD ACTIONS
These items will be forwarded to Laurel, and are tentatively scheduled to be decided on in May of 2010.
• Alric Eberlin. Name, New
• Berengar von Rüdeshiem. Name &Device, New. Paly gules and Or, a talbot rampant sable charged on the shoulder with a belt in annulo argent, maintaining an anchor, in sinister canton a coronet sable.
• Brendan ap Llewelyn. Alternate Name, New. Batu-yin köbegün Arghun.
• Gynuara Wyndswift. Name & Device, New. Sable, a tree blasted and eradicated and in chief three triskelions argent.
We forward this armory with a request to reblazon the armory of Ariadne of Alyson-tara (July 1979): Sable, a blasted tree voided argent. In the emblazon of Ariadne's armory, the white outline is far too thin to be voiding and it is better described as Sable, a tree blasted sable fimbriated argent. Between Gyunara's proposed armory and Ariadne's, there is a CD by X.4.b for adding the triskelions and a CD by X.4.d for changing the tincture of the tree.
• Iohannes von Prag. Name & Device, New. Sable, on a fess gules fimbriated two torcs Or, overall a warhammer reversed argent.
• Jacomus Wyndswift. Device, Resubmission to Laurel. Sable, a trident's head inverted and on a chief invected argent a crescent sable.
• Nicolas Hardel le Noreys. Device, Resubmission to Kingdom. Azure, a lion dormant argent within an orle Or.
• Nicolas Hardel le Noreys. Badge, Resubmission to Kingdom. (Fieldless) On a cauldron sable, a mushroom Or.
The consensus among the commenting heralds was that the mushroom needed to be drawn much larger. We hope this only warrants an artist's note..
• Ralf Ettrik the Silent. Name & Device, Resubmission to Kingdom. Gules, on an annulet argent in chief the words "lente impelle" sable.
• This name was submitted as <Ettrick the Silent> and thus lacked a given name. However, the submitter allowed all changes and suggested the given name <Ralf> would be acceptable to him. We have appended this given name to his submitted name in order to make it comply with the style guidelines set forth in RfS III.2.a: Personal Names - A personal name must contain a given name and at least one byname. We altered the spelling of <Ettrick> to <Ettrik> to comply with the cited forms found during the commentary process.
• Richenda du Jardin & Juliana de Luna. Household Name, Appeal. Chastel Salon.
• Tymberhavene, Shire of. Device, New. Azure, a fir tree ermine and on a base embattled argent a laurel wreath vert.
We note that the green is a little light, but still recognizable as vert, and hope this only warrants an artist's note.
These items are being returned for further work
• Appledore, Shire of. Badge, New. Checky sable and argent, an apple slipped gules.
This badge is returned for conflict with Da'ud ibn Auda (October 1995 via Ansteorra): (Fieldless) An apple gules slipped and leaved proper. There is a single CD via RfS X.4.a.iii for fieldless difference. Please instruct the submitter that the checks in a checky field should be of uniform size and shape.
• Iohannes von Prag. Badge, New. Sable, a row of three crosses clecheé argent.
This badge is returned for blurring the line between several emblazons. As drawn, the emblazon shows Argent, on a fess sable three crosses clechée argent. But from the submitted blazon, it is clear that the submitter only wishes the sable fess with the row of crosses as his badge. This emblazon, therefore, needs to be redrawn to clearly demonstrate what the submitter wishes - either coloring the entire background of the badge form sable to form Sable, three crosses clechée argent, or couping the fess within the badge form to form (Fieldless) On a fess couped sable, three crosses clechée argent.
• Pádraig Mac Ailpein. Name Change, New.
This name is returned for conflict with Saint Patrick via RfS V.1.c. Alicia False Isle states that in Black, under the header MACALPIN, MACALPINE it says, "In some of the Gaelic poems in the Dean of Lismore's book S. Patrick is always called Macalpine (Padruig mac Alpain)." Juliana Æstel suggests adding either a descriptive byname not associated with Saint Patrick or another generation of ancestry to this name to clear the conflict.
• William of the Battered Helm. Device, Resubmission to Laurel. Sable, on a chevron argent between two ram's heads respectant and a ram's horn fesswise Or three ram's hoofprints sable.
This device is returned for conflict with the armory of Westan Locke (August 1998 via Atlantia), Sable, on a chevron argent between three keys palewise wards to base Or, three crows close contourny sable. There is only a single CD via RfS X.4.e for changing the type of charges in the secondary charge group. There is not a CD via RfS X.4.j.ii for changing the type of charge in the tertiary charge group because in William's armory, there are three types of charges directly on the field. This conflict could be avoided by changing the charge in base to a ram's head, as it would allow for the CD via RFS X.4.j.ii.
The following submissions received for the February Internal Letter are being returned for administrative reasons.
• Katherine atte Morhouse. Name Change, New.
This name change is being returned due to lack of funds and an insufficient number of copies of the form.
An Tir OSCAR counts: 1 New Name, 1 New Name Change, 1 New Device, 1 New Device Change. This gives 4 new items. Resub counts: 3 Resub Devices, 1 Resub Device Change. This is a total of 4 resubmissions on this letter, for a total of 8 actions.